13.2.13

Lolita 52 Challenge: The hardest part of my wardrobe to attain.

47. The item in my wardrobe that was the hardest to get.


To those of you who have known me for a while, the simple answer to this question is Magical Etoile. It took me years just to find someone selling it, and then the person who was selling it said that they were currently in a payment plan with someone else. Almost two months later, they contacted me saying the sale fell through, but at that point in time, the dollar had dropped so badly the dress had literally increased in cost by USD 200! I could have cried, but I still wanted the dress so bad and really scrounged up some money to just get it in my closet.

I'm really happy to finally have the dress, I wore it to DisneyWorld this week (yeah I totally went again) and got a lot of compliments! It's such a comfortable dress too, I feel like lolita dresses that released afterwards don't quite fit the way Magical Etoile does.

So basically it took me almost a year after its release to realise that I do really like this dress, then it took me over four years to find someone selling it in the colourway I wanted, and then I only received it in the mail in October of last year~

The photo above is of me packing Magical Etoile for a recent trip~ You can see Magical Etoile neatly folded in the background. That being said, if anyone has questions for how to pack lolita for vacations, I will gladly fill you all in~ I've been getting the question pretty often so I may just make a whole new blog entry for it.

Check out my other entries for the Lolita 52 Challenge! I basically post a random topic selected from a pool of 52 once a week, so by the end of the year I should be finished with this challenge! I'm really excited to see my blog grow as a make it a point to post more frequently. =) Hope you all have a lovely Sweetheart's Day tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. I have been thinking of asking one of the many lolita bloggers I read how they pack for a lolita vacation. How do you fit all that poof in the suit case without totally flattening it?! What if it's a long trip? And what if you can't pack an iron..... Anyway, I DO hope you'll post a blog entry about it. I can't be the only one wondering these things. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be happy to share with you about how I pack my clothes! I will definitely start working on some kind of blog post or vlog about my process and give lots of pointers as well~ I've learned a lot from traveling as frequently as I do. *A*

      Delete
    2. I can't wait to read/watch it!

      Delete

Feel free to leave a question or a comment! =) I try to answer them as quickly as possible, so please check back!