14.4.13

KIRAMEKI Mag + Date night.

I am sooo sorry for the lack of updates--my life got so busy and I completely forgot to queue up some posts to fill up the empty space. ;A; Hopefully now I'll be back to the usual groove and will post some catch-up stuff in the future.


Until then, I have a really exciting announcement to make! One of my newest friends, the amazing photographer behind Saitam Photography, has given me the fantastic opportunity to be a permanent staff writer and designer behind his new magazine, KIRAMEKI! It is a magazine hoping to focus on alternative fashion and lifestyles, with a Japanese twist~

I was put in charge of the "Fashion Showcase" section, which is very similar to the street snaps in Kera and Gothic & Lolita Bible mooks! We're accepting all kinds of fashions from all corners of the globe, so if you want to share a photo, make sure it is 300 dpi and large enough to be used on 8.5" x 11" paper and send it to kiramekimag@gmail.com! We're hoping to have all our submissions in by mid-May so we can release the magazine in mid-June!

Since this is our first issue, we are looking for anyone who is willing to contribute graphics or editorials to the magazine. We are all just pouring our passion and time into this magazine, so we cannot promise any sort of reimbursement at this time.

If you own a company that you are interested in advertising, we are willing to let you advertise for FREE in our first couple of issues! All we require is an ad that is 8.5" x 11" sent to the e-mail provided above. C=



I also dyed my hair, but the colour didn't really turn out like how I wanted it too, so it's a very subtle ashy colour, and my roots were dyed lighter.

I wore this to go out with my boyfriend for our of our major anniversaries! We tried out a restaurant we never tried before--Morton's Steakhouse! It's not really the kind of food I'd normally go for, but the presentation was really nice and most of the food we ordered was delicious!


They gave us this massive loaf of onion bread that was super soft. *A* It came with some delicious whipped butter as well. I wish I took the rest of it home but I felt strange asking for it, haha! It's what a super-fancy setting does to you I guess.


Probably the highlight of the night! The super simple, but INCREDIBLY delicious chopped spinach salad. It was topped with crumbled bacon and egg and a glaze that just really wrapped it all up perfectly.


My shrimp scampi! Although the portions were generous, it really wasn't something to write home about. My waiter actually recommended I get something else, but I was just sooo set on the scampi. Now I wish I listened to him.


My boyfriend's steak and scallops with mashed potatoes! The steak was perfectly cooked and almost melted in your mouth. Absolutely delicious.


Another fantastic part of the night, cheesecake that has been caremalised on the top like crème brûlée! It came with fresh strawberries and whipped cream. The greatest part is they show you the dessert menu displayed on a tray, so you don't just read about your dessert, you get to see it before you order it! I wish more places did something like this.

I hope you enjoyed this quick update! Again, sorry for the absence, and I hope to see more submissions for the Fashion Showcase for KIRAMEKI soon! I can't wait to show you all the things I've done in the past couple of weeks alone, including a new photoshoot and some reviews for an all-time favourite store of mine.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely hair piece ^^


    恵美より ♥
    http://emi-doll.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cat ears are just so pretty, I love them <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're really gorgeous~ This trend didn't tickle my fancy immediately until I saw more people wearing it with their natural hair. It's such a nice little touch to a toned-down outfit.

      Delete

Feel free to leave a question or a comment! =) I try to answer them as quickly as possible, so please check back!